- Karen Rohan appointed Aetna President:
- Cigna EVP sells 12,000 shares on December 1st:
- Cigna has the lowest current ratio in managed health care:
Below are the three companies in the Managed Health Care industry with the lowest current ratios. Current ratio is useful to get an idea of how quickly a company can repay its short-term liabilities with its short-term assets. The higher the current ratio, the more capable the company is of paying its obligations. CIGNA ranks lowest with a a current ratio of 0.2. Following is UnitedHealth with a a current ratio of 0.7. Aetna ranks third lowest with a a current ratio of 0.8.
- Cigna to pay Vermont 400k in fines:
DFR Commissioner Susan L. Donegan said today that the company will pay $342,000 in penalties to the general fund and $50,000 to reimburse the department for the cost of the investigation.
- Highmark CEO stops coverage on Morcellator procedures due to cancer risk
- How Humana plans to expend Medicare business:
Humana offers Medicare Advantage plans to seniors in a number of regions across the United States, and it is a core business line for the company. Medicare accounts for about 76 percent of Humana’s total insurance premium revenue, according to the company.
- Humana providing data to PearlDiver Database
The insurance giant has agreed to add its information to PearlDiver’s database, a resource that at the last count contained 1.1 billion HIPAA-compliant patient records.
United Health Care
- United Health bullish on 2015