- Rough Day at Work? Exercise and Sleep Are the Best Ways to Shake It Off.
They found that participants who took a daily average of 10,900 steps were less likely to take out their frustrations on their loved ones than those who took an average of less than 7,000 steps a day.
The study also found that burning about 587 calories can translate to shaking off a tough day and stop an individual from bringing work issues home with them. The authors recommended activities such as walking and swimming.
- The Millennial CPO: How Will the New Generation Transform the Supply Chain Profession?
“I envision the field to become more and more tech-centric,” says Jennifer Wolff, senior manager of material planning at Masco Cabinetry. “I continue to be disappointed by the systems that exist for our field.” It is safe to say that technology has embedded itself into the average millennial’s personal and work life. According to Nielsen, more than 85% of Americans between the ages of 18 and 34 own a smartphone, and a quarter of them ranked “technology use” as the defining characteristic of their generation.
- How a Math Algorithm Could Educate the Whole World — for Free
- 5 Steps to Develop a Supply Chain Risk Assessment Process
- Define stakeholder concerns
- Identify points of risk
- Develop a risk mitigation strategy
- Partner with third-party auditors and data collection agencies
- Simulate outcomes
- Oracle launches four apps for supply chain automation
Nainani said Oracle’s supply chain and transport customers have “found it hard to adopt our IoT cloud components because they were uncertain how much investment was needed up front and how it would pay off for them.” In response, Oracle designed the new suite of tools to produce quick results in applications that clients are already using, Nainani said. The applications are in such areas as manufacturing, maintenance, customer service, and transportation management, he said.
Photo: Alexander Mils